La Fortuna is one of the best destinations in Costa Rica, the surrounding natural attractions, of course, the Arenal Volcano and hot springs make the perfect combination to explore and do tours activities.
Here you can find some of the Top questions and FAQs about la Fortuna.
Which Airport should I use?
Costa Rica has two international airports: San Jose(SJO) and Liberia (LIR) and which one is best for you will depend on which parts of Costa Rica you will be visiting while you are here.
The San Jose Airport is closer to the Caribbean Coast, the Osa Peninsula, and the Central and Southern Pacific Coasts.
The Liberia Airport is closer to the Northern Pacific Coast (Arenal and Monteverde are about the same distance from both airports).
However, there are far more flights into San Jose, so you may be able to find a better deal using this airport.
Do we need visa for Costa Rica?
Not all people who wish to travel to Costa Rica need a tourist visa; this will depend on your nationality, purpose of visit, and country of residence.
If you are traveling on a U.S., Canadian, or European Union passport, you normally do not have to apply for a visa in advance.
When you arrive in Costa Rica, you must present a valid passport (that doesn’t expire in the next 6 months) and a departure flight ticket (to leave Costa Rica at the end of your vacation)
How is the weather in Arenal?
Predicting the weather here in Costa Rica is pretty difficult as we receive weather fronts from both oceans (Costa Rica is a narrow country) and the weather can go from one extreme to the other in a couple of minutes.
Also, keep in mind that when it does rain here, if it rains hard it usually doesn’t last more than 10 minutes.
We have to season dry Feb, March, April-May- and rainy ( June-July-Agust-Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec) however this is not 100% right.
Best apps for travel in Costa Rica
Applications you can download to your phone to help with logistics, communication, and even learning a little during your Costa Rica vacation.
- Whataspp : This is the go to communication app in Costa Rica and is one of the best free apps for Costa Rica. Everyone uses WhatsApphings .For la Fortunavacationrentals is one of the best Apps
- Waze: was developed using Costa Rica as a testing ground and like WhatsApp has a fanatical following here.
- Weather Underground: hourly forecasts and hyper-local information that actually accounts for some of Costa Rica’s micro climate variations.
- Google Translate : If you need a translator, Google Translate comes to the rescue. It’s not perfect, but it gets you by.
- Uber is a great transportation option in la Fortuna and San Jose Area.
- Google maps works without connection
- Currency Convertor Want to keep track of the exchange rate? Download the Currency Convertor app to stay on top of your expenses
How much is a beer? A meal? A bottle of water?
In a bar or restaurant, you should expect to pay $3 for a domestic beer.
Bottled water can be found at most supermarkets and restaurants and the cost depends somewhat on the size of the bottle. In most cases, it is between $1 and $2.
How much is a meal?
The cost of a meal depends a lot on what type of place you are eating at. A “Soda” is a simpler restaurant and typically where the Costa Ricans eat unless it is a special occasion.
At most sodas, you can get a Casado — which is about as typical of the dish as you will find and it normally includes rice, black beans, fried plantains, salad ( YOU CAN CHECK OUR LIST OR RESTAURANT IN LA FORTUNA )
Home vacation in la Fortuna
Finally, if you are looking your accommodation in la Fortuna Costa Rica we have vacations homes you can check your options here